Dental care needs are different for men and women. While women have hormonal implications on their gum health, men usually get affected by their habits and lifestyle issues including higher risk of blood pressure and heart disease.
Why do men differ in their oral care needs?
As their habits are different, so are their oral care needs. While the basic male dentist San Clemente services in California remains the same, men are more likely to visit them because of lack of their routine dental care habits.
The major factors involved in poor dental hygiene in men are:
- Men do not adhere to their dentist’s suggestion of brushing and flossing regularly.
- They are less likely to follow regular dental checkups and only visit them when the problem arises.
- Their bad hygiene habits make them more prone to periodontal disease and therefore loose more teeth.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products adds to the already accumulated plaque while increasing their carcinogenic exposure.
- Increased risk of high blood pressure and heart diseases makes men consume more medications than women of their age.
- Such medications are responsible for dry mouth and therefore more dental decay in men.
- Sports and physical activities make you more susceptible to facial injuries resulting in tooth loss.